3D Architectural/Design Visualization and Animation with 3DS Max & V-Ray
The 3D Architectural/Design Visualization and Animation with 3DS Max & V-Ray program is geared towards Design/Architectural Visualization and Game Asset Development, including Animation principles that apply to both the visualization and motion graphics industry.
The aim of this course is to provide students with a functional working knowledge of Autodesk 3ds Max & Mudbox, V-Ray, Adobe Photoshop and After Effects. Special focus is placed on V-Ray as it is the physical lighting and rendering engine adopted by most of the industry. Students will be equipped with the knowledge of current solid industry work-flows, focusing on both the technical and creative approaches, with the goal of confidently applying these tools in production.
The functional, hands-on and industry focused approach of this program provide the student with a showreel portfolio of work and a competitive edge in the job market and make it easier to attract the attention of potential employers.
Features and Benefits
- Students will receive no cost student licenses of all software programs used during the programme.
- During the program, students will prepare and write the Autodesk Maya User and Autodesk 3DMax Professional certification.
- Students will work towards compiling a Portfolio of Evidence and student showreel to allow for early and continuous job application.
- Industry exposure through our industry contacts and online recruitment portal.
- Showcase of student work at our annual internal Job Fair for exposure to potential employers as well as the popular Rage Expo or Comicon.
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) with Foundational Mathematics and English as your home/first language.
- Computer literacy (hardware functions; operating systems; file management)
Full Time: 10 months, 5 days a week from 8:30 to 16:00
- Reach your full potential through our myWay Instructor-led or Mentorship based classes combined with interactive lessons, practical assignments and project based learning. Our full time offering consist of learning sessions that make up a full day or selective days within a week.
Part Time: 10 months, 2 evenings a week from 18:00 – 21:00
- Designed for the working professional, our part time program covers the same amount of information as our full time offering. Combined with our myWay Blended Learning, at home exercises/assignments and in-class lectures, this will have you ready for exams in no time.
Online Learning: 10 months, 2 online sessions a week from 17:00 – 18:00
- We have re-defined online learning. Our myWay Online Learning ensures that the student is supported by technology and people throughout his academic journey. We focus on a blended learning approach, combining online Virtual Classrooms, at home exercises, activities and project-based assignments bundled with fully developed video lectures, all managed by our student learning platform.
Your study kit is included in your fees and will contain:
- Free WIFI (3GB/Month, On Campus only).
- Autodesk student licenses valid for three years.
- Stationary including, Notepad, Sketchpad, A4 & A3 Paper and Tracing Paper
- Electronic Study Guides
- Orientation kit including: Student Card, Welcome Letter, Getting Started Guide.
- Access to myAcademy student portal and student support team via phone, email and tickets.
- USB 64GB with all required software applications.
- 3D Design Visualisation Specialist (All industries)
- Design and Product Prototyper
- 3D Presentation Design
- 3D Architectural Presentation
- Previz and backplate (Matte) for the film industry
Price & Payment Options
On successful completion of this qualification, you can articulate into the following:
- Games Design and Development with C# & Unity
- National Certificate: Multi Disciplinary Draughting (MDDOP N4/5)
- National Certificate: Architectural Technology NQF5
Mode of Delivery
Full Time / Part Time / Online
What you get
By the end of this course you will be able to create realistic visualizations from small interiors to complex exterior scenes as well as create a purely artistic image or animation, making you ready to enter the workplace at the end of your studies. You will master the art of low-poly modelling with an emphasis on game environment and asset creation.
You will also get:
- Internationally recognized Autodesk Certificates for all software modules.
- Internationally recognized V-Ray Certificate
- Autodesk Maya Certified Professional Certification (upon successful completion of the certification)
- Portfolio of Evidence, Show-reel stills and Animation
Pieces of software and the work-flow required to use them successfully.
Salaries & Skills
- Modelling & Sculpting
- Advanced Lighting
- Dynamics & Simulation
Course Regulatory Information
AIE (Academic Institute of Excellence) has been granted provisional registration as a private college in terms of Section 31(3) of the CET Act and Regulation 12(4), with registration number 2018/FE07/003 for a period of three years.
Learn3D is accredited by the Canadian company Toonboom, accredited by the American company Autodesk to teach 3D animation for design/visualization, character animation and visual effects, accredited by the Bulgarian company Chaos Group to teach V-Ray, the 3ds Max and Maya lighting plug-in.